Day by Day

Day by Day

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Round 1 in the Books!

Hey Team Madonia! Round 1 of chemo wrapped up on Saturday. I was very surprised at how well I have tolerated it so far. I am very nauseous at times and a bit tired, but I thought this would be far worse. I don't want to be too optimistic as this next week could be very hard as my counts may drop (my blood counts). This will leave me more susceptible to infections. The effects of chemotherapy tend to be the worst about 7-10 days after completion. This is called the nadir, or low point. Although I may feel a little better, the chemo is still having different effects on my body. The hardest part of chemo is trying to stay occupied while feeling very sick for 6 days trapped in a hospital room. Everything you try to do makes you sicker. Eating, well that's out by about day 2. Video games = vomit. TV, lets face it, day time TV will make you sick even if you are not on chemo! Long story short, I am very glad to be home with my wife and puppy and out of the hospital room!

I will have two weeks rest until the next round of chemo. I will attempt to work a few days in between as long as I feel well enough.  Still gotta bring home the bacon!

A big thank you to everyone who called, texted, visited, wrote on my wall, posted Team Madonia pics, emailed, smoke signaled, telegraphed, and snail mailed! You guys are awesome and you have no idea how comforting it is to know I have you all in my corner.


A lot of you have been asking about ordering more shirts and I believe a new order will be coming very soon so just watch Facebook for the announcement.
The cutest Team Madonia Member, my niece Scarlett!
                                          

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. Know that we send our best along with all the prayers in the world for this monster to be gone once and for all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete